Linux Motorist for Quickcam USB cameras. This page has the Linux driver towards QuickCam specific as well as other QuickCam-related and QuickCam-compatible USB internet cameras.
- 18 November 2021
- Posted by: test
- Category: Uncategorized
The first work had been done by Georg Acher and am referred to as qce-ga; Jean-Frederic Clere obtained that driver and come up with first Video4Linux (V4L) drivers, making it possible for prominent V4L purposes instance Xawtv to produce photographs within the sexcam. Subsequently, a small group of builders world wide has develop the motorist into the current state, creating support choosing webcams and chipsets since they are becoming readily available. Using this method, the driver grew to be named qc-usb to reflect the reality that it holds lots of USB-attached QuickCam cams, not just the QuickCam specific.
The current model of the qc-usb motorist is definitely 0.6.6. Understand through the Sourceforge production web page.
The qc-usb motorist could utilize here webcams:
- Dexxa Web Cam
- Labtec Webcam (previous product)
- Logitech QuickCam Convey (old style)
- Logitech QuickCam Laptop (some products)
- Logitech QuickCam cyberspace
Normally, any USB digicam with a USB provider ID of 0x46d and a USB product ID of 0x840, 0x850, or 0x870 (thus, 0x46d:0x840, as an example), should run. Discover how to discover the USB identification document of a camera.
To acquire more information about QuickCam cyberspace cameras, head over to original qc-usb web page.
The QuickCam drivers is now for sale in two ways.
- The qc-usb motorist is actually concentrated on the QuickCam internet, but should now work with all cams that work also with qce-ga. It includes a superset qce-ga’s specifications as well as the most well-liked motorist. Most people use this drivers. Down load they from our Sourceforge production web page.
- The CVS types accessible by using the Sourceforge CVS utilization manual. The component companies become quickcam and qc-usb.
This area describes ideas on how to compile and put the qc-usb driver the Linux kernel. For the most newest guidelines, remember to take a look at README that include the driver. These directions make clear tips gather the driver as a standalone section, which is the sole option at the moment since driver has not (yet) become integrated into the mainline kernel.
Certain new Logitech QuickCam Convey and Labtec digital cameras happen to be claimed to not run. These digital cameras get item IDs of 0x920 and 0x921. Of these webcams, you may be able to use the SPCA5xx motorist, which integrates and, plainly, obsoletes this empirical drivers.
Different webcams generated by Logitech is reinforced under Linux country match hookup but incorporate a different driver. This Logitech webcams usually are not appropriate for this driver and tend to be reliant on other drivers:
- Connectix (these days Logitech) parallel slot QuickCam
- Logitech Clicksmart
- Logitech QuickCam 3000 Pro
- Logitech QuickCam house is these days as yet not known to operate.
- Logitech QuickCam Messenger (fresh) — drivers published by Mathias Kьster.
- Logitech QuickCam Messenger — a greater version of Mathias Kьster’s driver, published by by Christian Magnusson, which includes assistance for your QuickCam convey (mirror each morning).
- Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro
- Logitech QuickCam Laptop Pro
- Logitech QuickCam Notebook
- Logitech QuickCam Traveller currently is not evident to get results.
- Logitech QuickCam VC (USB and Match)
- Logitech QuickCam Zoom
Allow us to provide help! Should you be possessing compilation, construction, or use harm, we are going to need about the following expertise to allow you to:
- Their Linux submission and distribution variation
- The drivers version in which you may be having difficulty
- The kernel version (the result of uname -a should be enough
- The camera’s supplier and items IDs (the result of lsusb after digicam happens to be fastened should really be fine
- The camera sensor kind, that is definitely designed and printed in method record once the section lots
- The result of /sbin/lsmod | grep -i usb
- Any relevant production from /var/log/messages
The building checklist is employed for sections and development-related issues. Please never give basic use problems or issues to the designers’ number. The programmers’ record, like consumers’ checklist, is reflected to Usenet at gmane.linux.drivers.quickcam.devel.
QuickCam® is definitely signed up trademark of Logitech. Neither this web site, the writer of this blog, nor the creators and maintainers regarding the Linux qc-usb motorist have employment with or affiliated with Logitech. This great site prevails to produce support to Linux consumers of QuickCams.